Friday, November 19, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day nineteen

A dear friend of mine once told me one of the things she absolutely loved about me was that whenever she popped in my back door, usually unannounced, that I would drop whatever I was doing and focus my time and attention on her.  She also knew that I did that for my husband, too... if he would call and "invite" me to ride along with him to do various tasks (haul cattle, haul rock in the semi, check cattle, parts run, etc) I would usually drop whatever it is that I'm doing and go... unless I just could not go because of timing or a deadline, which I hate.  Well, my friend is half way around the world, and I miss her spontaneous visits... :(, but I do still drop my plans for my husband.  Twice this week I've gone in the semi with Rodney hauling rock from the rock crusher to an oilfield rig location.  Mom called me today and asked what I was doing.... I told her.  She said, "You're riding with him in that junky brown truck?!"  She can say that... it's hers. (Dad's)  lol.  Yes.  What I do for love... right.  Actually it thrills me that he likes my company this much, and I want to spend every moment I can with him.  No regrets down the road.  I don't think I'll ever regret that I didn't stay home and finish the laundry or do the dishes, but I would if I turned down spending precious time with my husband, my best friend. 

I'm thankful for my bff here (Rodney) and my friend half way around the world in Hong Kong... whom I miss dearly.  I love you both dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment