Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day twenty-two

My thankful listmania today....


Thanksgiving Break- Regan is on break all week which means I don't have to get her to school everyday and I don't have to make sure she is up and getting ready before the sun and the rest of the world everyday this week!  Yea!

skills I've acquired over the years... This morning I set up Aunt Linda's computer and made internet connections with it.  I also gave her a crash course on how to take pictures with her new digital camera she received upon her recent retirement.  Later, at home, I used my drill and fixed the drawer slides that fell inside the cabinet and screwed them back into perfect level and working position.  Reg would be proud.

mamas with cameras who snap pictures and video of my kids' ball teams and then post the goods on facebook for me to see (and share).  Tonight a shout out to Dian!  Thanks!  ...doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, I'm still thankful.

Christmas tree lights.  Even on a bare tree Christmas lights make me feel nostalgic.  I was able to remedy the unlit branches on my pre-lit tree tonight with not too much irritation.  I think we're finally ready to decorate it and the rest of the house this week.  The girls are ready.  I think I finally am, too.

 Rodney's girlfriends at the fuel pump... Let me set the scene- we just stopped by the grocery store and then went home.  I forgot a block of cream cheese, so I asked Rodney if he'd go back and get it while I started supper.  He happily went.  Fast forward to bedtime... we're laying there just after we turned the lights out and we start talking about tomorrow.  I ask him if he's taking Regan to honor choir in the morning or if I need to.  He told me that I would have to make that trip.  I asked him if he would be in his pickup or would it be here in the yard.  He said that it's in the barn.  I thought, great.... and told him that mine needed fuel but that I'd get around and get it in the morning before I left.  He said that he was already about 4 hours in front of me.  I said, "When did you do that?... Oh, when you went back to the store.  I thought it took you awhile."  He said, "Did you think I went to see my girlfriend?"  (We occasionally tease each other about fictional girl/boyfriends.)  I replied, "She must like quickies."  He quipped right back, "With your vehicle, it doesn't have to be quick."  At this, I roar with laughter. This really is funny because it could be true... my vehicle has a 44 gallon tank and Jim's fuel pumps are unhurried, sluggish, slothful.... i.e. very slow and my tank was barren.  Seriously though, I'm thankful it that my husband takes care of those little things like the fuel tank on my vehicle when he can and that I can do it myself when he can't.

my father-in-law.  He raised boys who are amazing husbands and fathers today.  They know how to work hard, earn a fair wage, think on their feet and speak their mind.  They are respectable, resourceful and praiseworthy men today.  I speak for myself and for Kasey... we talked about this very thing just recently.  Upright and disciplined training doesn't just happen, and we are forever grateful.  Happy birthday today, Barton.

No comments:

Post a Comment