Monday, November 1, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day one

My friend, Margaret, is blogging “Thankful November” listing her gratitude from throughout her day. I’ve enjoyed it and decided to copy her. Thanks for the inspiration Margaret!


Today, November 1, 2010, I am thankful for …

…midmorning naps- even if they are on the living room floor in front of the fireplace. I’ve been working so much lately that this day of idleness is few and far between. I enjoy the paint and texture, etc. work, but not the pressure I put on myself to get in and get it done and get out. When you’re doing it as a “favor” the urgency to finish so quickly isn’t as great. I think I’ll go back to work tomorrow. All I did was lay around all day and hurt. At least when I’m working, I get loosened up and my arthritis works itself out… mostly.

…caller id on Election Day eve. Campaign calls were in the double digits today. (Not a good day for a nap.) But thankful for the democracy that I live in and the freedom to go to the polls tomorrow. And for the rural area in which I live=no poll lines or exit polls.


…cooking and eating together as a family and sharing lots of stories and laughs around the supper table. Also thankful for our guest, Aunt Linda, and her recent move to our town. We welcome her with open arms and pray that she settles in to her new home and community with ease. I drove up on her visiting with her neighbor this evening. This is a good thing.


…the health our family has had over the past year since going gluten free and mostly dairy free. I haven’t had a sick child in so long that our doctor probably doesn’t even know we still consider him our doctor anymore! But then Regan was feeling pretty puny tonight. If she doesn’t wake up much improved, we will call it a sick day tomorrow. Sigh. So much for our healthy streak. Oh well, we did dodge the swine flu last year when it was so close to home. However, I am ready for a freeze to knock the pollen down and let us get over the excess drainage.

…remembering that I’m the tooth fairy and I need to pay Rayne a visit tonight! And that she pulled it herself and I didn’t have to pay the dentist to do it for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment