Friday, November 5, 2010

A November of thankfulness... days four and five

It was 11:30 pm last night when I was going to bed, and I just didn't have the umpht to write despite how grateful I was all day. 

My thankful list for days 4 and 5:


... a decent night's sleep despite sleeping alone.  

... that my heart still skips a beat when I see my husband.  I met him on the road unexpectedly yesterday after he got home from his Ag Expo. 

... that beloved web I was talking about yesterday... my mom cooked and fed my family supper while I worked late.  Huge help to me.  Thanks, mom.

... good people to work for.  Since going out on my own in the paint/texture business, I've worked for really good people and have more of them in line for the rest of this month.  They are so appreciative and friendly.  They are blessings.  I hope it remains this way.

... so Regan (13 yrs old) tells me, "I've found out what when....." blah, blah, blah... basically saying "you were right, mom"  without actually saying it.  I'll take that as a win.  *grin*

... that we're not taking my car for the weekend trip.  It's a sty.  We're taking Rod's because we are pulling a huge trailer for the hayride.  Thankful that Nada's taking all our stuff that won't fit in the truck.

... my mother-in-law, Karen.  I have to mention her again... today's her birthday.  She's the absolute best mother-in-law anyone could ever, in a zillion years, ask for...  I love her dearly.
my mother-in-law

... my day was cut shorter than I thought at work.  They wanted me to finish up what I was working on and have the rest wait until Monday... basically just get out of their way for the weekend.  I'm good with that!

... patience.  They say to never pray for patience, you'll regret it.  I didn't pray for it, but I have been tested over the past couple of days- 6 or 7 small instances.  I think I passed with flying colors... no bad words or irritable attitude to adjust.  Maybe, just maybe, I'm growing up.  A little.






No comments:

Post a Comment