Friday, November 26, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day twenty-six

Day twenty-six, I decided to let you hear from the other women in my house.  I casually quizzed them and didn't give them much time to think about it.  I told them to stay away from the obvious... my family, my home, Jesus, etc.  This is how they answered and how I shaped it up for them...

Rosalind (10 yrs, 11 mo.) was the first to answer... she said,  "A table so that we can sit and eat at it as a family."  (family meals- which we do very often);  furniture (to hang out together); a toothbrush so that my mouth and teeth don't get all nasty, so my teeth don't fall out and so I can communicate.  (quite a mouthful for 'toothbrush'); family & friends (thank you Capt. Obvious); my life...   If I was answering for Rosalind, I would say she's thankful for flannel jammies, quiet mornings, the piano, tennis shoes, good (healthy) food, good drinking water, and whistling.

Rayne (9 yrs, 7 mo.) was the most reluctant one to answer (the tv was on and she was watching a lot of commercials).  She started with one word answers like, "Jesus." (who can argue that?);  water- if we didn't have water, we couldn't live (thank you, again, Capt. Obvious); my bed... I love my bed; clothes; church; home.  If I were to answer for Rayne, I'd say she appreciates snacks, pop, junk food, kitties, hair products that tame her mane, her blankets that she sleeps with, her DS, the wii, art lessons, her tree swing, and living next door to Aunt Rita.

Regan (13 yrs, 7 mo.) broke the rules right off the bat... she said, "Having the family that I have." (After watching the World's Strictest Parents on tv with us tonight, she decided that her parents should participate in that show.  It was so strange to watch that it; it was like watching our home only with different characters.  It was nothing like I thought it would be.  A little surreal.  Rodney and I were making lots of comments... we had never seen the show either, and Regan allowed that if they [the girls] were going to watch it, me and dad had to go to our room!  Ha!  We watched the rest of it without adult commentary.)  Regan went on to add, "That we live in a country where we can worship God freely.  Food.  My school- the teachers and the students... the way it works." (mutual respect)  If I were guessing or making my own additions... she's thankful for t-shirts, Uggs, friends, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, getting to drive some, and spending time at grandma's house.... I think she truly understands and values the life she has and the people and circumstances in it.

All my girls highly value good books, cowboy boots, chocolate, iPods, ponytails, computer time, our church, their sisters (each other), and bike rides.  They love our family, our friends and just people in general.  And me.... I value each one of them.  I'm so thankful for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment