Saturday, November 20, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day twenty

We accomplished much here at the house today.  Today has been a good day.

I'm so thankful for...

... getting to sleep in with my hubby today.

... making a decision on our Thanksgiving holiday plans.  We are staying home and not traveling to Iowa despite the urgency to spend another holiday with my grandmother.  She battles cancer and her prognosis isn't encouraging.  Despite that fact, we know we really need this week at home for our family... it's what's best for us.... hopefully we can make a trip soon.  And this decision leads into the next item.  So...


Rosalind Clause working on the lights- on the roof

my Christmas light elves... Rodney, Regan and Rayne

... Rodney and the girls spent the whole day putting Christmas lights up on the house.  I worked in the storage shed and tidied it up.  It was a disaster.  In doing that I got the rest of the little girls' winter clothes out and they got them put away!  All in the same day- it's a miracle.

...  not having to do my shopping on the weekends.  Wal-mart was a ZOO today.  Yes, I still HATE Wal-mart, but what do you do?  I haven't been there in a couple of months, and would be happy as a lark if I never had to go back.  (they didn't have what I needed anyway, imagine that!)


the overflow

... dirty dishes on the counter because the dishwasher is too full to hold them all.  That means one of two things:  1.  we've been extremely busy and they've piled up or 2.  we had supper guests and it just wouldn't all fit.  The 2s have it!  We treated mom and dad and Aunt Linda to some more Maynard... thick cut chops on the grill with all the trimmings.  It was wonderful despite how tired I was feeling from a busy day.  At one point I decided I was crazy to make these supper plans on the tail of a busy day, but I'm glad I did.  If we don't ever do it, it never happens.

... facebook.  Seriously.  I've made friendships with people that I never would have met.  I've made friendships with people I never dreamed had similar interests or experiences as me.  I've been able to keep in touch will all my loved ones all over the states, even the world.  This gypsy girl has been able to get re-acquainted with friends that I've lost touch with over the years.  I've been able to get to know extended family members much easier than just seeing them for a couple of hours once or twice a year.  I've been able to share friends' joys and sorrows with them daily.  I'm able to actually LOL (laugh out loud) at all the silly predicaments my friends find themselves in.  I'm able to share this blog with all those who are enjoying it today.  All your comments and encouragement have been very humbling and such a blessing to me.  Thank you.





our house tonight, yes... November 20, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment