Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A November of thankfulness... day nine

So thankful for...


... something to look forward to.  We have plans to get together with a couple of my girlfriends (and their husbands) from high school this weekend.  It's been a long time.

... my husband.  This morning he took my rig and filled it with fuel so I wouldn't have to before I took Regan and Trevor to school.  And I didn't even ask him to... he's the best.

... finishing big jobs.  Today I finished a job that began feeling like it was never going to end.  The living room had 11 layers of wallpaper and the bedrooms 7 layers... scraped, sealed, prepped, textured, primed, painted, trimmed, touched up, cleaned up, loaded up...  it began feeling like eternity.  As of today I'm unemployed... until next week.

... hard lessons.  Yesterday was hard on Regan, my 13 year old.  We've been battling late homework assignments with her for 2 1/2 semesters now and I finally declared, "enough is enough" and mandated the rule one late paper = one missed basketball game.  She was on the bench last night for the first and probably last time.  I think we finally got somewhere.  Her mood was good when she got home last night, but she admitted that sitting in her street clothes on the bench was painful and not worth it.  I don't look for anymore late homework assignments from her anytime soon.  *Win for everyone!! Yea!

... my bunco girls.  We are a unique group, I think.  A great mix of ages, personalities, and backgrounds.  Truly great women.

No comments:

Post a Comment